OnePlus 3 launched recently, and TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for Oneplus 3 is already available. OnePlus 3 is a flagship killer from OnePlus, which will be available in the market soon. Now you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 3 as soon as you get a device on hand. Oneplus 3 comes with OxygenOS based on Android Marshmallow. But you can flash CyanogenMod based custom ROMs anytime after you root oneplus 3 and install custom recovery on oneplus 3. Thanks to the OnePlus forum Recognized Developer Grarak, who build and release TWRP for OnePlus 3. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3.
If you are planning to buy OnePlus 3, then you can root OnePlus 3 and install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3. But for that, you need to Unlock its bootloader first . TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on OnePlus 3. Here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on OnePlus 3. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Oneplus 3 and install custom recovery on Oneplus 3, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Oneplus 3 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Oneplus 3.
- Download SuperSu to root Oneplus 3 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3
Install TWRP on OnePlus 3 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Oneplus 3.
Root Oneplus 3–
1) To Root Oneplus 3, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Oneplus 3.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Oneplus 3 and install custom recovery on Oneplus 3 successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 3 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.