The best part of using an android operating system is being able to customize the system software or flash a custom software i.e Custom Rom which can be flashed up via TWRP Recovery.
Rooting an android Phone Provides us with the opportunity to all those Cool stuffs with it, after fullfilling the Two Basic Necessaties :
- Phone should have a Root Access
- Phone should have a custom Recovery installed.
Without further delay lets get into to Root Huawei Mate 9 (Full Root) and disable encryption on it.
Disclaimer : Please Follow the Steps Carefully, else You might Brick Your Device.
Geekwarning Shall not be Responsible for You bricked Device.
Steps to Root Huawei Mate 9
1. Unlocking Device bootloader :
Use DCUnlocker. It’s fast and easy to read your bootloader code immediately. Read the instructions on their website.
2. Flash TWRP Recovery in order to Root Huawei Mate 9 :
- Get a TWRP recovery .img file compatible with your device and save to a separate folder on your PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC, follow this link .
Flashing Recovery on Mate 9
- Enable USB debugging on your device:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Go to About phone and tap seven times on Build number, this will enable Developer options.
- Now go back to Settings and you’ll see Developer options there, open it.
- Tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Open the folder where you saved TWRP Recovery .img file in Step 1 above.
- Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click”on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window we opened in Step 5 above to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If you get a permission dialogue on your device to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
└ Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file, OR change your TWRP recovery filename to twrp.img and use the command above.
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
That’s all. TWRP recovery should be installed on your device now. To boot into the freshly installed recovery, simply issue the adb reboot recovery command from PC command line when your device boots into system
Click Here to Download TWRP for Huawei Mate 9 : Download Here
3. Boot into TWRP (volume up+power) Go to Wipe, Format Data, then type in yes. Then reboot recovery.
Flash one of the decrypted boot images from here as per your model:
4. Rooting The Phone :
- Download the Supersu App from Here
- Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Click in Install
- Select the installed supersu file
- Swipe to confirm the Flash
- And Swipe To Clear Cache and Dalvik
Voila!! You are Rooted and Congratulations, you no longer are encrypted, twrp will see your internal storage and data properly and you have full root. Now do a backup of your current rom in TWRP. Backing up data will now work.
If you have any issues then let us know in the comments section below.out team would be willing to help you out.