Install Rooted Stock ZVB Firmware on Sprint LG G3 LS990
Flashable stock ROMS are gaining popularity these days due to its ease of installation. The ROM can be flashed right through a custom recovery like the TWRP. Here is one such stock ROM available for the Sprint LG G3 LS990. The best part about this flashable ROM is that it’s already rooted. So you can access root files or install root apps readily. Using this, you can also remove bloatware from your Sprint firmware. Moreover, the ROM is based on ZVB firmware version for the LG G3 LS990.
If you have already installed TWRP on your Sprint LG G3 and don’t want to go through all the tiring process of restoring back to stock recovery, stock firmware, unrooting etc., then here is a chance to get updated to the ZVB firmware without any modifications. However, you need a TWRP recovery installed on your device and the firmware file in your device’s internal storage.
AutoPrime, a recognized developer, has made this ROM available for the LG G3 users and thus enabled root and update to the ZVB firmware possible. Before we begin, make sure you have the exact device and variant for that matter.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom Recovery on your device. We at DroidViews, shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- The listed ROM is compatible with only Sprint LG G3 LS990. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your device. Click here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC, so that you can transfer the ROM file to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Rooted Stock ZVB Firmware on Sprint LG G3 LS990
- Download the Customized ROM and the Modem file from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe right to confirm. (Wiping Data is optional. However, if you come across system errors or bootloops, try wiping the Data as well.)
- Go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
If you do not get a signal after flashing the ROM, install the Modem from the downloadsection, following the same procedure without wiping anything. When you see the bootlogo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. If you come across any bootloops or face any system errors, you can restore your previous ROM from the backups. For queries, comment down below.