With the breakup and shut down of Cyanogen Inc, CyanogenMod — Android’s most popular ROM — is also being discontinued. Of course, the advantage of an open source project is that it never really dies, and so Lineage OS is picking up where CyanogenMod left off (hence the lineage, get it?). The new OS is just a few weeks old, so many things are still falling into place. After having received a definitive name, Lineage OS is now getting an official new logo as well.
This guide will show you how to install or flash lineage os rom on your android device using custom recovery like twrp or cwm. Before starting make sure to complete below task
Take care of following tasks before you proceed with flashing lineage Os Custom Rom:
Task 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Task 2: Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
Task 3: Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
Task 4: USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps in them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.
Done with preliminary precautionary steps? So, here’s the guide:
TWRP recovery let’s you do a number of cool stuff but the whole point of having a custom recovery is to be able to flash unsigned .zip files. These .zip files could be anything from a custom kernel, boot, recovery, MODs or full custom ROMs.
Let’s see how to flash lineage os rom on any Android device using TWRP recovery.
How to Install a Custom lineage os rom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- Download and transfer the Lineageos ROM and Gapps for linage os you wish to flash to your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineage os ROM.zip file and gapps for lineage os that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your lineage os rom ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
- Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.