Official builds of Lineage OS 14.1 are now available for the Android One 2nd gen (Seed). Lineage OS team has been pushing out official builds of the new OS for a handful of devices and the latest to join the list of supported device is Android One 2nd gen (Seed) .
Lineage os is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
As of now, only the experimental and nightly builds of Lineage 14.1 are available for the Android One 2nd gen (Seed). But since these is an official release, the ROM should be pretty good to run as a daily driver.
Android One 2nd gen (Seed) Lineages OS :
Official build: Available, check the download link below.
Lineage 14.1: Download link
Gapps: You need this to get Google Play Store app, Play Services App, and other Google apps.
Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps: Download link
Note: You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to be able to install Lineage OS.
How to Install Lineage OS on Android One 2nd gen (Seed)
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps package zip file that you downloaded above to your Android One 2nd gen (Seed).
- Boot your Android One 2nd gen (Seed) into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Android One 2nd gen (Seed) in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly, just the way flashed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your Android One 2nd gen (Seed).
That’s all there is to it. Lineage OS is now installed on your Android One 2nd gen (Seed).
If you have any issues in the installation process then, let us know in the comments section below.