Install Xposed Framework on Samsung Galaxy A8
Samsung has made a lot of modifications to ART on Android Lollipop causing compatibility problems with Xposed framework. This caused developers to delay support for the Galaxy S6 for months, but “wanam” has taken care of this problem by making Xposed Framework on Samsung Galaxy A8 running on the latest Android Lollipop version.
Wanam is a known developer who creates various modifications for many Galaxy phones, one of the being the Wanam ROM and Wanam Xposed module. The framework has been tested on the SM-G920F version of the Samsung Galaxy S6 but the developer states that it should work on all other variants and even upcoming Samsung ARM64 phones. This is a good news for all upcoming Galaxy owners.
Wanam considers the framework as experimental, but it seems to be working fine. If you want to install Xposed framework on your phone, you should consider a few things.
Here are no issues for modules like YouTube AdAway module and others, but it is still experimental and should be expecting some bugs and updates in the future. This method requires installing Xposed Framework zip file using Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP and also a Xposed Installer apk file.
Geekwarning,or any of its community members will not be responsible for any harm done to your device.
- Deodexed TouchWiz Android Lollipop ROM. It can be stock or custom.
- Custom recovery
- Get the Xposed Installer from here.
- Get the Xposed Framework which needs to be installed through Recovery from here.
- Get the Xposed Framework Uninstaller from here.
Install Xposed Framework on Samsung’s TouchWiz Lollipop Devices:
Once everything is set, you may now proceed with the actual process.
- Download the XposedInstaller application from the given download link, and install it on your Samsung device.
- Now, download and transfer the Xposed Framework ZIP file onto your Galaxy
- Power down your device, and boot into the Recovery mode by pressing Volume Upand Power button at the same time.
- Tap on Install, and find and locate the Xposed Framework file that you downloaded and transferred earlier on your Samsung device.
- Swipe to confirm the flash. Note that this might take a couple of minutes.
- Once done, reboot your Samsung device.
If in case your device gets into boot loop, you can flash the Xposed Framework Uninstaller. Once successful, you can install Xposed Modules opening the app but be sure Wanam Xposed is not compatible yet. You can follow the XDA post for further bug fixes and updates for the Xposed Framework for Samsung Galaxy.